Sunday, September 3, 2023

Serving God Effectively-Aug 2023

Greetings Family & Friends,
I love, love, love summer!! Two weeks out of each summer are designated for reconnecting with my (Cheryl) daughters, nine grandchildren, family and friends of the Mexico Recovery Ministry. I can’t wait for those tea parties, family BBQ’s and a Picnic in Lion’s Park. All of these activities fill my love tank to over flowing.
Being loved is a powerful motivator. “Our Girls” on the inside of the Ensenada Prison feel our love and respond well to it. Many do not feel loveable due to the lack of being cared for in their lives. Finding God and His deep love transforms lives. When our Celebrate Recovery participants find out God sees all and continues to love them, healing begins. By finding the truth of God’s unconditional in our lives, we are able to love others in return. Then, God offers us the opportunity to serve Him effectively, using our God given gifts and talents for His glory. Eleven years ago, I met Karla. I was in need of a faithful servant leader to serve on the Prison Ministry team.
Let me share with you Karla’s story.
Karla’s Story: My name is Karla and I am a grateful believer in Jesus Christ who struggled with anxiety, insecurity and fear. I grew up in a typical family with parents that focused on making us feel safe and loved.
Over the years I realized my parents were having trouble between themselves. My older sisters took it upon themselves to contact a tarot card reader who met with us and told us my father had a black magic spell placed on his life to drive him crazy and destroy our family. That same week we opened the doors of our home to a white witch which was highly recommended to help us. We were told white witches were placed on earth by God to protect us. This began a nine-year nightmare for my entire family as we became involved in witchcraft. We lived a life of secrecy that left us feeling alienated, dirty and ashamed.
God had mercy on us and sent an aunt to share the Gospel with us. Because of the horror and emptiness, we were living, my whole family came to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior in one day. WE all began to change drastically as God’s love and forgiveness flowed into our lives. One day I was introduced to Cheryl, and she invited me to join her on the Prison Ministry team. This was my introduction to Celebrate Recovery. I learned to give my fear, insecurity and anxiety to God. What the enemy used to bring shame, guilt and condemnation into my life, the Lord has turned into a song of gratefulness and victory.
Thanks for letting me share
Little did I know Karla would be such a great fit in the Mexico Recovery Ministry. Karla has been my gift from God, my life line in times of distress and a faithful leader serving in the Prison Ministry and Celebrate Recovery in our local church, Calvary Rosarito.
Francisco and I are grateful to have you as our partners in the Mexico Recovery Ministry. Your prayers and financial support remains invaluable to us.
Blessings, Cheryl & Francisco

No comments: